|Register a Domain Name
Your 24-7 Online Identity
247WebPages.com is an authorized Tucows/OpenSRS domain reseller. There are just a few steps required to register a domain name.
Step 1 - Terms
Step 2 - Availability
Use the "whois" portal at OpenSRS.org to check for a domain you want or check the status of one that you already have.
Step 3 - Contact:
Contact 247WebPages.com to request registration of the domain name that you want.
Step 4 - Payment:
Payment must be received before registration can be processed. I prefer transaction in person with client and can register domain name for you simultanously. (This is a small business).
It's that simple!
Helpful Domain Name Info:
- All registrations are for a minimum of one year.
- Many people "park" a domain name, meaning that they register it for a rainy day without actually using it right away.
- In order to use your domain name for a web site, you may need a web designer and an Internet Service Provider (ISP). I offer web design directly and can provide referals to reputable ISPs.
- There is a serious art to thinking up a good domain name. Here are some tips:
- Try to think up a meaningful domain name that's easy to spell and remember, one that's also short and catchy. Preferably it should consist of words that describe what you have to offer.
- You might want to Google various keywords.
- Check Merriam Webster Dictionary online.
- Try the USPTO.gov web site to see if any entity in the USA has a registered tradename similar to the domain name you want. This is prudent but not usually necessary.
- Consult with a professional in the field of communications or advertising when your domain name is a critical matter.
- 247WebPages.com offers consulting on an hourly or other basis. This may include Internet research to help you come up with an effective domain name.
- A domain name, also known as a "virtual domain", is a web address composed of unique word(s), name(s), abbrevianion(s), an acronym or number. It can be just about anything that would have meaning. A domain name always ends in an extension such as ".com" (dot com), ".net" (dot net), ,or ".org" (dot org). But there are many other extensions including dot biz and dot info most notably.
- To make it all work, your domain name must be "out there" and your web site should serve as an effective billboard.
© 247 Web Pages